Not only do I write and record radio spots I also dabble in recording local bands. My studio consists of two rooms..one is the control room where logic and calm prevail and the other room is where all the noisy people go! Everything that is mic'd like vocals, drums, bodily functions gets recorded in there. Otherwise a six hour session makes me want to hurt small animals with a fork. Just kidding. I would use a spoon.
Many studios have spent millions of dollars on recording gear. I am not one of them. Hey...thats Mr. Cheapskate to you!
Besides using Adobe Audition,up to 128 tracks, I use;
- Tascam US-2000 Audio Interface
- Shure, AKG and Sennheiser microphones
- Yamaha, Ibenez, Charvel guitars and bass guitars
- Alesis outboard effects
- Digitech guitar processor
- Gretsch drums w/Evans EMAD heads
- Yamaha Studio Monitors and Subs